Traffic Stop Ends in Massive Drug Bust
Published May 19th, 2014
MARION COUNTY- A traffic stop turned into a drug bust for one Marion County Deputy Monday morning.
After pulling over a U-HAUL truck, detectives believed they smelled something fishy, and what they actually found wasn't too far off.
They found hundreds of boxes of spice packaging, mixers, sealers and scales.
The mixers and scales contained spice residue which was enough to put the truck's driver in handcuffs.
Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer, Judge Cochran says there was a considerable amount of evidence in the truck, "there was 400 grams of actual product, but throughout the equipment and the truck there was residue everywhere."
The acetone came in almost any flavor imaginable including sweet leaf, pineapple, and chronic hypnotic.
Those were then used to make k2 blends with appealing names like Angry Birds, Dopey, and Scooby Snacks.
The quote potpourri product is marketed as safe but the drug enforcement administration labels it and it's common synthetic ingredients as schedule 1 drugs.
- Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Bust
- Deputies Find Stash Of Drugs During Traffic Stop
- Cray Arrested After Traffic Stops Reveals Drugs
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Once again, Zimmerman pulled over in traffic stop
- UPD Officer Fired For Misconduct During Traffic Stop
- Traffic Stop Solves 2010 Crime
- Traffic Stop Reveals Multi-State Crime Ring
- Driver Resists Arrest During Traffic Stop