Wild Waters Park set to reopen
Ocala, Florida -- Park managers at Wild Waters water park have less than a week to choose a new concessionaire to operate the park.
Right now it is uncertain if the park, which is under construction, will reopen next month.
The last time the park was in operation was in September of 2013.
Park manager Sally Lieb says they're working to make sure everything is functioning properly to be able to reopen.
There are six potential concessionaires competing for the responsibility of operating the 36 year old park.
They must submit a proposal requirement of how they would operate wild waters park by Wednesday.
Officials will then send out emails and make phone calls to negotiate with one or multiple concessions.
Visitors at the park hope to see it open soon.
Raymond Smith, visitor: "There's nothing much for the children but that so it would be nice for Ocala to get that back open again."
Park managers expect to have the winner selected by Friday.
The park is scheduled to reopen June 6 or 7.
- Wild Waters Re-Opens, Renovation Still Underway
- O'Leno State Park Reopens Trails After Flooding
- Park Re-opens With New Boardwalk
- Diamond Sports Park Reopens.
- Satchel's Pizza Sets Reopen Date
- Millhopper Branch Library Set to Reopen Friday
- Future of Wild Waters is Unclear
- Plans to Remove Wild Waters in Silver Springs
- Wild Waters Receives Renovations, Opening Date is Tentative
- Wild Waters May Shut Down