Williston Honors State Champions
Williston, FL -- It wasn't the best weather for a parade, but no one could rain on the parade for Williston residents and keep them from coming out in full force to show support for their state champions.
The parade was held for the Williston High School Red Devils baseball players, who just last week won the Florida A1 state championships. Cheerleaders, JROTC members and even the mayor took part in the celebration.
"It's just amazing you know, in a small town how you can just shut down the main street and have a parade and all these people come out and support you and it's just a small town and it's just a great feeling," said Scott Hall, the team's coach.
It's been 91 years since the school has been honored with the title.
- Williston Routs Newberry 47-31, Red Devils 2-2 On Season
- Fort White Indians Fend Off Williston Red Devils 35-20
- Mini-Monster Truck Drivers at Williston Parade
- Gainesville High School: Only National Honor Society Cords will be allowed at Graduation
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- Florida's High Schools Improving
- "The Money Course" for High School Students
- Local High School Bands Make It To State Competitions
- Tragedy of "Invisible Children" Brought Closer to Home For Williston High Students