"A Day of Grace"
Gainesville, Florida -- It was "A Day of Grace" day at Grace Marketplace.
The Institution for Workforce Innovation's "Project YouthBuild AmeriCorps Program" teamed up with Grace Marketplace for a community-wide day of service.
Volunteers had a handful of tasks from painting, beautification, landscaping and sanding benches.
IWI launched Alachua YouthBuild in Gainesville in 2009.
Students between the ages of 16 to 24 work towards their GED, learn skills to help them find a job, give back to the community, all while rehabilitating low income housing.
Program manager Rachel Gillis says their goal is to leave an impact at grace marketplace as well as make it more comfortable for those living here.
Project YouthBuild volunteers do one service project a month.
They say they plan to be back at Grace Marketplace in the future for more service opportunities.
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- "A Night of Safe Celebration for Corey"
- Family Spotlight 5/19/11 "A Recipe for Families"
- Allegations Against Waldo Police Chief Szabo That He Established An Unlawful Ticket Quota
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Governor Scott Calls for "Day of Prayer for Unity" on Sunday
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: State Tries to Prove Zimmerman was a "Wanna-be Cop"
- Grace Marketplace Homeless Center Gets $308,000 In Local Government Funding
- Levy County Cancels Private "Labor Day Extravaganza" Citing Safety Concerns
- Safety Concerns Surround Archer's "Mother's Day Fest"