"A Day of Grace"
Gainesville, Florida -- It was "A Day of Grace" day at Grace Marketplace.
The Institution for Workforce Innovation's "Project YouthBuild AmeriCorps Program" teamed up with Grace Marketplace for a community-wide day of service.
Volunteers had a handful of tasks from painting, beautification, landscaping and sanding benches.
IWI launched Alachua YouthBuild in Gainesville in 2009.
Students between the ages of 16 to 24 work towards their GED, learn skills to help them find a job, give back to the community, all while rehabilitating low income housing.
Program manager Rachel Gillis says their goal is to leave an impact at grace marketplace as well as make it more comfortable for those living here.
Project YouthBuild volunteers do one service project a month.
They say they plan to be back at Grace Marketplace in the future for more service opportunities.
- "A Night of Safe Celebration for Corey"
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- Family Spotlight 5/19/11 "A Recipe for Families"
- Allegations Against Waldo Police Chief Szabo That He Established An Unlawful Ticket Quota
- Grace Marketplace Homeless Center Gets $308,000 In Local Government Funding
- Is the Grace Market Place Ready for All the Homeless?
- Grace Market Place Looking for a Big Upgrade
- Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
- Share the Cure 2012
- Grace Marketplace Officials Update City Leaders on Progress