Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
GAINESVILLE-- A prostitution sting by the Gainesville Police Department netted four arrests last night along south east fourth street.
The bust took place after neighbors complained that prostitutes were soliciting around the neighborhood.
Those living in this northeast gainesville neighrborhood are happy to see their street corners are prosititute free, at least for now.
Undercover officers picked up Mato Eagle Horse and Diana Smith separately near the 1900 block of southeast fourth street.
Erika Gunnerson asked the undercover officer to give her a ride to tent city before calling the officer again and offering to perform sex acts.
Brandy Brochette, who was also arrested in the sting, had been arrested just last week for soliciting an officer who was in uniform.
Norma Neal who lives in the neighborhood says prostitution in the neighborhood has become a big problem.
(Norma Neal, neighbor) "they coming out more and more like every night, come out late stand on the corner here walking up and down the sidewalk."
All four alleged prostitutes nabbed in the sting are still in the Alachua County jail.
- Matheson Museum Brings Alachua County History to Life
- Woman Smuggles Meth Into Jail
- Bobcat Sighting at Paynes Prairie
- Missing Kids Found
- Alzheimer's Research Gets Some Big Funding In Florida
- Grace Market Place Looking for a Big Upgrade
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Sheriff: Payne's Arrest is Big Day for Alachua County
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase