Gainesville Towing Rates Going Up
GAINESVILLE-- Residents will have to shell out more money if they park in the wrong area.
The city commission voted last ngiht 5-2 to increase towing rates from $76 to $100.
Tow away zone signs line the streets but it still can be easy to get towed if youre not paying attention.
This was the first raise in towing rate in years.
Tow company owners say this increase is needed because of inflation and the cost of living going up
Mayor Ed Braddy and Randy Wells were the only commissioners to vote against this bill.
Gainesville residents say they were shocked to here about this raise and think people who come up in the fall will be surprised also.
(Brett Owens, Gainesville Resident) " gainesville kind of has a different dynamic because a lot of people come in town for football game, to move in their kids in the fall and beginning of the spring semester, and i think those people will be subjected to this increase and wont even be aware of it."
Towing fees for medium-duty and heavy duty vehicles will stay the same.
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- MAYOR BRADDY PROPOSING CITY MEETINGS TIME LIMIT
- Tent City Residents Being Evicted
- Proposed City Ordinance Could Help in Spice Arrests
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Roam Towing Violations Means Six Month Suspension
- Driver's Beware Roam Towing Is Still In Effect
- Roam Towing becoming "Ridiculous"
- Poe vs. Skop- City Commission Run-Off Election Tuesday
- Gainesville City Election 2012