Gainesville Woman Threatens Man with Mace, Charged with False Imprisonment
A Gainesville man was held in an apartment against his will by a woman yielding pepper spray and he says he was in fear of his safety.
Nodia Overstreet vandalised the victim's car and held him in her apartment on northwest 83rd street by threatening to spray him with mace if he left.
The victim went to leave, but Overstreet followed him out to the parking lot and threatened to mace him and bust out his car windows with her curling iron if he didn't go back to her apartment.
Scared for his safety, the victim complied but he managed to escape one last time and ran to get help.
When he came back to his car, Overstreet had wrote on the car with lipstick and poured sugar in his gas tank.
Overstreet has been charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment, as well as simple assault and property damage.
- Police look for man accused of battery and false imprisonment
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Lt. Jack Jacobs enters sheriff's race