Gainesville Woman Threatens Man with Mace, Charged with False Imprisonment
A Gainesville man was held in an apartment against his will by a woman yielding pepper spray and he says he was in fear of his safety.
Nodia Overstreet vandalised the victim's car and held him in her apartment on northwest 83rd street by threatening to spray him with mace if he left.
The victim went to leave, but Overstreet followed him out to the parking lot and threatened to mace him and bust out his car windows with her curling iron if he didn't go back to her apartment.
Scared for his safety, the victim complied but he managed to escape one last time and ran to get help.
When he came back to his car, Overstreet had wrote on the car with lipstick and poured sugar in his gas tank.
Overstreet has been charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment, as well as simple assault and property damage.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Man Arrested After Threatening Cab Driver With Butcher's Knife
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Man Charged for Recycling Center Burglary
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Suwannee County Missing Woman Update