GPD: Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments
Gainesville Police and other local law enforcement agencies are currently on the scene of a shooting where the shooter has not yet been captured.
Around 3pm Wednesday afternoon, A GPD officer responded to the Spanish Trace Apartments at 3500 Windmeadows Blvd for a domestic-related call. Upon arrival, the officers heard gunshots coming from apartment 11. The GPD officer called for backup and retreated with two victims that had been shot. The victims were evacuated and transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
The shooter is believed to be contained in an apartment unit in the complex. Multiple officers including SWAT, K-9 and helicopter units are currently in the area attempting to locate the shooter.
Updates will be released as they become available.
- Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments; 1 dead, 2 injured
- Police Looking for Second Suspect in Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments
- GPD: Gunman in Apartment Shooting Arrested, Writes About Crime on Facebook
- Second Suspect in Spanish Trace Shooting Now in Custody
- GPD: Stronger Spice Laws Needed
- GPD: High-Ranking Cuts "Very Likely"
- GPD: Man Prostituted Girl
- GPD: Oaks Mall Employee Exposes Himself, Commits Lewd Acts
- GPD: Hit and Run Driver Flees To Avoid Traffic Ticket
- GPD: Surveillance Video Shows Man Involved in Sexual Assault