Homeless Man Threatens Woman with Machete
Gainesville police say one homeless man was so upset over someone honking their horn that he pulled out a machete.
GPD says Richard Davis-Van Duzer became irritated when a woman arrived near the entrance of the Sweetwater Branch tent city in Gainesville to pick up her mother.
The woman honked the car's horn to notify her mother she was outside waiting for her and Davis-Van Duzer walked out of his tent to confront the woman, telling her she had no business honking the horn.
The two began arguing and that's when Davis-Van Duzer went into his tent and grabbed a machete.
Police say he held the machete like a baseball bat and continued to yell at the victim.
Passersby were able to break up the confrontation.
He is charged with aggravated assault.
- Zoning Sweetwater Branch Tent Camp
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Gainesville Woman Threatens Man with Mace, Charged with False Imprisonment
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Gainesville Police Looking for Missing and Endangered Woman
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Police Looking for Man After Machete Attack