Man Shoots Cat During Children's Sleepover
GAINESVILLE -- An alachua county man is in jail after a sleepover over at grandmas house goes horribly wrong.
Deputies responded to a call late sunday evening after they say wilson turner used a revolver to shoot and kill a cat.
The home belongs to his girlfriend where her three grandchildren were sleeping.
Some questions remain unanswered.
The mother of the children was next door and heard the gunshots.
She grabbed the children from the home and called the sheriffs office.
When deputies arrived they found the gun in turner's car as well as a baggie of marijuana.
They say turner was uncooperative and wouldnt answer any questions.
He only responded with just take me to jail.
The children's mother allegedly saw turner get rid of the cat but still the cat has not been found.
(Becky Butscher , Alachua County PIO Sergeant)- "we would like to recover the cat, you know i mean for dignity sake, if nothing else and animal lovers, it needs to receive a proper burial and disposed of properly."
He is being charged for four different counts.
One being possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
His bail is set at ten thousand dollars.
- New technology identifying faces in Alachua county cold cases
- Children's Book about Sexual Abuse to be Used in Schools
- Florida Lieutenant Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera visits Alachua County
- New synthetic drug on the streets of Alachua County
- Lee Niblock to Take Over as Alachua County Manager
- District Four Candidate Makes Alachua County All Democratic Commission
- Alachua County Students Play Mayor for the Day
- Alachua County names new Spelling Bee champion
- Alachua County public schools seeing an increase in head lice
- Governor Rick Scott gives Alachua County Schools over $1 million