Most Counties In North Central Florida Excel on End of Course Exams
NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA - The state has released end of course exam scores for students in Florida and it is the last set of scores to come out this summer.
The state average on the exams was a 66 % pass rate...and most counties in North Central Florida met or exceeded that state average.
The end of course exams do factor into teacher pay...and next year all courses in grades K to 12 will have a subject specific exam.
Karen Clarke, assistant superintendent for curriculum, ACPS: " Ithink it's a step in the right direction if we are going to hold folks accountable we need to make sure students and teachers know exactly what they are being assessed on and know what standards they are being held accountable for."
The exams include Algebra 1, Biology, Geometry, U.S History and Civics for middle school.
- Certain Counties in North Central Florida Have High STD Count
- Union County, Most Unhealthy in Florida
- EKG Exam Part of Student Physicals in Marion County
- Alachua County eliminating district exams
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year