North Central Florida Celebrates The 2014 World Cup
GAINESVILLE- - The Fifa World Cup kicked off today in Brazil.
While soccer is not the most popular sport in the United States, it's easily the biggest sporting event in the world.
The first game was earlier today with Brazil beating Croatia three to one.
House of Beer was preparing earlier today for the big crowds that come with the start of the games.
Soccer is a sport that brings all kinds of cultures together.
For Fabian Sioveira the World Cup is bigger than the Superbowl.
(Fabian Sioveira, soccer fan) " Its bigger than that, im sorry, but its way bigger than that, its everywhere."
The next game will be Mexico versus Cameroon tomorrow at noon.
- North Central Florida Reacts to Redskins Name Change
- National Signing Day 2014: North Central Florida Edition
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Alzheimer's Research Gets Some Big Funding In Florida
- Gainesville Towing Rates Going Up
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Uber is Officially in Gainesville
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- North Central Floridians React to Egyptian Crisis
- Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Hobby Lobby