Ocala June Breeders' Sale
Published June 17th, 2014
Marion County, Florida -- It's the Ocala June Breeder's Sale for two-year-old horses this week.
People come from all over the world during March, April and June to bid on horses.
These horses are either bred or pin hooked by their owners, which is buying a younger horse with the intention of reselling it as a 2-year-old.
Over 1200 horses were catalogued, and about 900 are actually there to be sold.
Horses can be sold anywhere from one thousand dollars to half a million dollars.
Traditionally June has the lowest price of the three months for sales -- an average of between 30 and 40 thousand dollars.
But officials say that doesn't create a shortage of buyers.
The Ocala Breeder's Sales Company publicity director Jay Friedman says as far as the community is concerned it's a great week for them. It's a tremendous influx of people. He says motels are jammed, and good luck trying to find a table in a good restaurant.
OBS June for the two-year-old's continues until Friday.
Visit http://www.obssales.com/ for more information of this week's events.
- Ocala Breeders Sales Goes Up 50 Percent
- Record Sales for Ocala Breeders
- Marion Co. Horse Owners, Trainers Talk About Triple Crown Standards, OBS June Sale
- One Class at a Time: Meet June's winner Kelli Rumore
- RTS Bus Route Changes from June 22 to June 30
- Dog Breeder Arrested For Animal Cruelty
- Hotel Sales Up from Last Year's Gatornationals
- Apple's iPAd Goes On Sale
- Warm Weather's Impact on Christmas Tree Sales
- Master Gardener's Plant Sale