One Horse has Died and One is Recovering After Being Injected with Gasoline in Marion County
MARION COUNTY - In the horse capital of the world tonight - one horse has died and one is still recovering - after their owners say someone injected them with gasoline.
It's not known who injected the horses, or why.
The first horse had to be put down because she was so badly injured.
But when Kate the second horse started feeling lethargic and had the same symptoms as the first, doctors were able to help and they are hoping for her recovery.
The two owners - who are also neighbors - say they don't have any enemies.
Leah Greenleaf, horse owner: "she's not a menace to anybody im a quiet neighbor the whole neighborhood is quiet so we are just at a loss."
Both owners say they are keeping their other horses close tonight and they are asking the public if you know anything to report it to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
- Horse Injected with Gasoline in Belleview Is Back Home
- Rally Held for Horses Injected with Gasoline
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Start-Up Horse Competition In Ocala
- Young horse recovering after getting stuck in 4 foot deep hole
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Man dies after car crash in Marion County
- Man dies after being found shot in car
- "Grief is Unbearable!"- Vet Who Injected Horses with Possible Lethal Compoud:
- Ocala street renamed after Civil Rights activist