One Horse has Died and One is Recovering After Being Injected with Gasoline in Marion County
MARION COUNTY - In the horse capital of the world tonight - one horse has died and one is still recovering - after their owners say someone injected them with gasoline.
It's not known who injected the horses, or why.
The first horse had to be put down because she was so badly injured.
But when Kate the second horse started feeling lethargic and had the same symptoms as the first, doctors were able to help and they are hoping for her recovery.
The two owners - who are also neighbors - say they don't have any enemies.
Leah Greenleaf, horse owner: "she's not a menace to anybody im a quiet neighbor the whole neighborhood is quiet so we are just at a loss."
Both owners say they are keeping their other horses close tonight and they are asking the public if you know anything to report it to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
- Rally Held for Horses Injected with Gasoline
- Marion County has a case of "Horse Fever"
- Man dies after car crash in Marion County
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Horse Injected with Gasoline in Belleview Is Back Home
- Ocala Shooting Has Residents at One Apartment Complex on Edge
- Stolen Cremated Remains Recovered in Marion County
- Pilot recovering after Citrus County plane crash
- Marion County has More to Recycle
- Ocala Toddler On Tricycle Dies After Being Backed Over By Car