Rash of Car Burglaries in Marion County
Marion County, Florida -- Marion County sheriff's deputies are urging drivers to lock their car doors at all times.
Lieutenant Brian Dotten says over the past few years they've noticed a 30 percent increase during the summer months of vehicle burglaries throughout Marion county.
In the month of May in Silver Springs Shores, there were 24 vehicle burglaries and 23 of them were unlocked.
From January first to June first, Dotten says they've had 192 vehicle burglaries and 186 were unlocked.
The number of car burglaries in Marion county is rising and many recent cases appear to involve juveniles.
Lieutenant brain Dotten, Marion County Sheriff's Department: "With summertime comes the fact that kids are getting out of high school, middle school, elementary school and there's a lot of kids running around the streets especially at nighttime."
Lieutenant Dotten points out that during the summer months, there's a nearly 25 percent increase in any type of burglary while kids are out of school
- Rash of Car Burglaries in Marion County
- Four Men Arrested For Burglary in Marion County
- String of Burglaries Hit Marion County
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Marion County Woman Arrested for DUI with Three Kids in Car
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Fatal Car Crash in Marion County
- Marion County Car Chase