Woman Fights Off Burglar
Ocala, FL -- A family from Northeast Ocala is recovering from quite a scare after police say a man tried to break into their home at dinner time Sunday night. Police say 45-year-old Michael Weldon walked up to Tiffany Quinn's home on Northeast 28th Street and began banging loudly.
When Quinn opened the door, he pushed his way in. Three children, ages 9, 11, and 13 were inside. That's when Quinn shoved him in the chest and told him never to come back.
He walked down 28th Street and K9 units tracked him down and took him to jail. He was charged with felony burglary and is being held on 15-thousand dollars bond. Back in 2011, Weldon was arrested for burglary on an occupied residence.
Residents say the neighborhood is no stranger to crime.
"We've had the car broken into and the stereo taken and that was right away and we had someone who took the birds off our porch and tried to steal our boat," said resident Cheryl Hall.
Police say residents should always keep their doors locked and never open the door to strangers.
- Missing woman's home burglarized
- Citrus Growers Fight Off Cold Weather
- Animal Rights Activists Fight to Get Dogs Off Chains
- Beetle fights off invasive air potato
- Woman is Behind Bars After Fighting With her 14 Year Old Daughter
- Gainesville woman fighting for her home
- Local Woman Able to Make Good Living Off Of Mushroom-Growing Operation
- 85 Year Old Woman Laid Off After 68 Years At Same Job
- Body Found In Lake Weir After Woman Falls Off Boat
- Woman Allegedly Bites Off Tip of Boyfriend's Finger