$30,000 Worth of Antique Coins Stolen
Summerfield, FL -- A thief is very likely making change with thousands of dollars of stolen coins.
The Coin Hunters coin shop was targeted when thieves broke in and stole a good chunk of change. The owners and employees there specialize in buying, selling and learning about collectible coins.
On Tuesday night the door was shattered by burglars and $30,000 worth of antique coins were stolen. Dennis Delfft, the owner of the business, did not want to comment on camera, but he told TV20 about six weeks ago the door was shattered but no one made their way into the business or stole any items.
Officials say it could've been much worse if not for the store's alarm system.
According to MCSO Spokesperson Captain James Pogue, "If there hadn't been an alarm system, a $30,000 loss could've turned into a $100,000 loss real quick."
The owner says he's working with the Sheriff's Office to find out who committed the crime.
- Youth Combine Receives $30,000 Grant
- Pence Family Dances in Hopes of Winning $30,000 for Shands
- Zimmerman Using $30,000 for Living Expenses
- Nearly $50,000 Worth Of Equipment Stolen From 4-H Farm
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Tools Stolen from Two "Habitat for Humanity" Homes
- $140,000 Worth of Marijuana and Equipment Found in Dixie County
- Busted! (With $100,000 Worth of Pot)
- New Antiques Attraction in Ocala
- Antique Store Gives Ocala an Economic Boost
- Interview: Leadercast, Building Leaders Worth Following