Cannabis Career Conference
Published July 19th, 2014
GAINESVILLE - An entrepreneurship course but not for your average business.
Cannabis Career Institute hosted an educational conference where participants learned how to start a medical marijuana business. The conference offers courses ranging from the laws and regulations to edible options.
In November florida voters will get to decide if the broader use of medical marijuana is legal; which is why the interest to join the industry is growing.
Aaron Silverman, the co-founder of Canna Group Incorporated said, "They come in contact consultants like ourselves in order to help them navigate through the waters of this industry that they're not familiar with nor most of the other experts and professionals coming from other industries. And they start to put together their business plans and they start to go and talk to whether be investors or real estate agents or whoever might be important or necessary in the steps of the process to get their business started. "
If Governor Rick Scott signs the bill there will be five dispensaries in the state who would be authorized to distribute the plant.
The conference is on going and stopping in various states across the U.S. For more information click here.
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized For Medical Purposes?
- Local Plant Nursery Can Be The Next Legal Pot Grower
- Support for Legalizing Marijuana at All-Time High
- New Poll Shows Support for Legalizing Marijuana
- Voters to Decide on Medical Marijuana Following Florida Supreme Court Vote
- Hazy Future for Medical Marijuana
- Marion County commissioners weigh options for medical marijuana dispensaries
- The details behind the medical marijuana law being broadened
- Cannabis Lovers Unite in Gainesville
- Alachua County Passes Cannabis Ordinances