Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
GAINESVILLE - A crash on Waldo Road has left a family from New York without one of their children tonight.
A 5-year-old girl died when an SUV hit the back of her family's car.
The crash happened near 61st Court a little after 11 this morning.
Sergeant Tracy Pace from the Florida Highway Patrol says a white SUV hit the back of a red car causing both of them to land on the side of the road.
Southbound lanes were blocked as the cars were towed away.
Troopers say everyone, including a young boy, was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Sgt. Tracy Pace, Florida Highway Patrol: "Four people were transported to UF Health Shands and one was pronounced deceased at the scene. The deceased is a five-year-old female she was sitting in the left rear of the vehicle that was rear-ended."
Troopers are not releasing the name of the 5-year-old because at the time of our interview they had not confirmed whether the family had been notified.
Once the investigation is complete troopers will determine if any criminal charges will apply.
- 15 Year Old Girl Shot and Killed in Gainesville Parking Lot
- 12-Year-Old Miami Gardens Girl Killed by Stray Bullet
- Deadly Crash on Waldo Road
- 19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
- Bus Crash Kills 9 year old
- 9 year old girl running to raise thousands for PACE center for girls
- 17-year-old dies in crash; 19-year-old injured
- Benefit for Five- Year-Old Boy with Cancer
- Five Year Old Dies in Fire
- Five Young Men Killed In A Car Crash