Homicide and Fire Investigation At Spring Manor Apartments
Ocala, Florida -- Ocala Police are still investigating a homicide and fire that happened at an apartment complex.
Police responded to a call at Spring Manor apartments this morning that 19-year-old Jaire Burgess was shot.
They found him laying in front of a building in the complex.
He was taken to Ocala Regional Medical Center where he eventually died.
Preliminary investigation shows Burgess was in some type of altercation with other before he was shot.
While officers were still on the scene, they heard 5 gunshots toward the front of the complex and cars speeding off.
A while later, smoke started coming out of the building next to where Burgess' body was found.
One friend of Burgess says the violence is getting worse at Spring Manor Apartments.
Both the homicide and fire are still under investigation.
Ocala Police say there is no information at this time that links the two incidents.
- Police Search for Suspect in Spring Manor Apartments Murder
- Shooting at Spring Manor Apartments
- Ocala Man Killed in Shooting at Spring Manor Apartments
- Glen Springs Manor Apartments Out of Gas
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- GFR investigating fire that burned 2 apartments
- Glen Springs Manor
- Glen Springs Manor Residents Plan to Move Out ASAP
- Homicide at Southern Pine Apartments
- Homicides Committed Hours Apart from Each Other in Marion Co.