Lightning Starts House Fire
Gainesville, Florida -- Matt Davis' wife and younger son were home Friday afternoon, when a neighbor knocked on their door alerting them their roof was on fire.
Davis says his wife was painting in the kitchen when she heard the thunder and then saw a flash of light.
First responders managed to save most of the house and their property.
Davis says he's grateful for all the help they've been getting.
Most of the fire damage happened in the kitchen.
The home is undergoing renovations which will take between three to six months.
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire
- Lightning storms spark fires
- Lightning strikes igniting a forest fire
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Four Dead Following House Fire, Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Bathroom fire starts from dust build up
- Woman Says Accident Started A Fire In Her Home
- Apartment fire suspected to be started intentionally
- Local family loses everything in house fire, seeking community support