Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
GAINESVILLE - There could be a serial rapist in Gainesville's Tent City and police believe there are more victims.
Four women have identified Danny Williams from a line-up.
Police say the first attack happened in May in the woods where Williams lived.
Officer Ben Tobias, Gainesville Police Department: "he was arrested in one case because we knew we had additional victims so we reached out to the local media and asked that they hold posting his mugshot until we were able to do some more investigation."
Williams is currently being held in the Alachua County Jail on a $5,000,000 bond on one count of sexual assault.
Recently the owner of Tent City evicted the people living back there and police say those assaults happened before everyone left.
- Man Held on Six Million Dollar Bond after Car Chase
- Judge Sets Accused Shooter's Bond at One Million Dollars
- Gainesville Man Accused of Raping UF Student
- After Five Years and One Million Dollars, Fisher House Ready to Break Ground
- Accused Orlando Shooter Denied Bond, Five Wounded Are in Stable Condition
- No Bond for Man Accused of Killing Grandmother and Great Grandmother
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Gainesville Housing Authority Faces Million Dollar Shortfall
- 57 Million Dollar Pet Hospital Opens in Gainesville