Man Arrested In Lake City Shooting
LAKE CITY, Fla. -- The man wanted for shooting a security guard in Lake City is now behind bars.
Columbia County Sheriff's Deputies say 28-year-old Robert Church turned himself in late last night at the Columbia County Detention Facility.
Authorities say early Saturday morning, Church was arguing with two women inside the Elks Lodge on Northeast Washington Street in Lake City when a security guard attempted to break them up.
Church and the guard got into a fight and that's when Church went outside to a vehicle and got a gun.
He then shot the guard and ran away.
The same bullet passed through the guard also hit a woman.
Both have since been released from the hospital and are recovering from their injuries.
Church was booked on aggravated battery, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and discharging a firearm in public.
He is being held without bond.
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Lake City Man Arrested for Sexual Battery on a Child
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Lake City Officer Shooting
- Lake City Shooting Investigation
- Lake City Shooting
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- One Dead, Another Injured In Lake City Shooting
- Double Shooting In Lake City, Family Reaction