Man Steals iPhone, Demands Ransom from Owner
A Gainesville man's phone was stolen only to be ransomed back to him later on.
22-year-old Antwan Clark stole an iPhone and started texting a contact in the phone demanding $60 from the owner of the phone.
The owner alerted authorites and a "trap" was set at the Walmart on Waldo Road.
Clark showed up with the original phone only to be arrested and the phone returned to its proper owner.
The owner said the phone is worth about $560.
- Man Murdered After Trying to Sell His iPhone on Craigslist
- Walmart Drops iPhone 5 Price
- iPhone 5 Is Out, What To Do With Your Old One?
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Thieves Steal Phones from AT&T Store
- Apple Stops Taking iPhone 5 Orders
- MAN STEALS FROM HOSPICE
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Man Steals From Terminally Ill Chidren
- Advantage Towing Owner Arrested for Stealing Scooters