Medical Spotlight: The Importance of Stroke Support Groups
Published July 9th, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Stroke is a leading cause of death in the United States, killing 130,000 Americans each year—that’s 1 of every 19 deaths.
A great deal of effort is focused on prevention and early recognition of stroke, but experts say it’s also important to focus on what happens after patients suffer strokes.
Jeana Roper is the Stroke Coordinator at North Florida Regional Medical Center, and spoke with TV20’s Emily Burris about the value of Stroke Support Groups.
More information about stroke support groups and their value is online. Among the resources to check out – the American Stroke Association and the National Stroke Association, as well as North Florida Regional Medical Center’s Neuroscience Care program. There, you can learn more about the Primary Stroke Center and Stroke Support Group.
- Medical Spotlight: The Importance Of Breakfast
- Medical Spotlight: Strokes
- Medical Spotlight: Childhood Cancer
- Medical Spotlight: Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Medical Spotlight: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- Medical Spotlight: Brain Awareness Week
- Medical Spotlight: Saving Lives With The World's Smallest Heart Pump
- Medical Spotlight: Bluetooth Technology Helps with Hearing Loss
- Medical Spotlight: National Blood Donor Month
- Medical Spotlight: Back to School Health Tips for Parents