Missing Kids Found
GAINESVILLE-- Two, three old boys are safe after going missing early this morning.
Around 3 a.m police received a call about two little boys walking along SE 15th St. in Gainesville alone.
The children were staying with their aunt-- Altawn Martin's but went out through a backdoor before being picked up by GPD about a block away.
The aunt did not realize the children were gone until four hours later.
At that point she called some relatives but did not contact the police or continue searching.
GPD put the childrens photo online asking for anyone to recognize the two boys, after over 40,000 views someone called.
(Ben Tobias, GPD spokesperson) "About at once you could tell they were kind of calling eachother behind the scenes, trying to confirm if that was the kids and we had about 15 calls from family members to let us know."
The children remain in the custody of DCF and plan to meet with the mother sometime today.
Martin is charged with with child neglect since she did not contact the police after realizing they were missing.
- Gainesville Police believe they have a suspect involved in two incidents last week
- A man has been charged in a 5 year old Gainesville cold case
- High Springs: Missing Evidence Found in Former Police Chief's Car
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Missing Gainesville Woman Found
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Gainesville Police Looking for Missing and Endangered Woman
- Man Shoots Cat During Children's Sleepover
- Nursery Rhymes May Help Childrens Memory
- Superintendent of Gilchrist County Schools Speaks Out About the Kids Murdered in Bell