New App For Getting a Ride Could Be Coming to Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - A new app could be coming to Gainesville - but some are worried if it does - it could hurt taxi drivers.
uberX ads have been popping up on Facebooks in Gainesville.
It's an app that connects people to drivers, like a taxi service.
But unlike a taxi service, it is not bound by the same taxes and government regulations.
Jeremiah Tattersall, North Central Florida Labor Council - "they try to circumvent regulations that are in place for a reason so it's a lot of unfair competition it's putting taxi drivers and limo drivers out of business because they have to abide by the laws and ordinances of the community and uberX doesn't have to do that."
Consumers we spoke to say they would definetely use it for a ride.
The app spokesperson did not confirm for us if the app was coming to Gainesville but said that they "often test ads to measure the viability of uberX in different markets."
- Ride 2 Recovery Comes Through Gainesville
- Farm to School: New Options Could be Coming to Cafeterias
- City of Gainesville To Get New Traffic Signal Software
- Gainesville Gets New Buses
- Santa Fe College Students Get a Ticket to Ride...
- Stay Connected with the New OPD App
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Releases New App
- New app rates restaurants
- A new mobile app helping to keep UF students safe