New Healthcare Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - A new healthcare center has been approved to open in southwest Gainesville, and residents in the Linton Oaks area say it's something that will give them better access to care.
The health department has been given a $300,000 grant to operate the clinic and many other donors have pitched in as well.
Construction is slated to begin at the end of summer.
Anthanette Manns, resident: "it will helps lots of people who don't have transportation...the hardest part is catching the bus waiting on the buses."
Many surveyed in the neighborhood say they use the emergency room as their source of healthcare.
- New Medical Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- New Urgent Care Center Opens in Gainesville
- New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- New center to open for homeless people
- Man Shot in SouthWest Gainesville
- Gainesville Fisher House Opens Facility At Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center
- Gainesville To Open New Theater For Youth
- Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center