Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest
GAINESVILLE---Family and friends gathered today to celebrate the life of a retired Gainesville Police Officer.
Roy "Chet" Manns served with the Gainesville Police Department for 20 years as a road patrol officer and motorcycle officer.
He even served as a reserve police officer after his retirement in 1994.
The department says his personnel file contained many letters of commendation from citizens he served.
"Chet was truly a servant to the community and I think this is a proper homegoing for the community to come out and celebrate a man that did so much for Gainesville and Alachua County," said Chief Tony Jones with the Gainesville Police Department.
Chief Jones also says he'll remember his friend as a man of few words, but many actions.
Retired Officer Manns passed away in his Gainesville home last Saturday.
- University Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Ocala officer laid to rest
- Former Waldo police chief laid to rest
- A Highly Respected Gainesville Surgeon Is Laid To Rest
- Waldo City Council Hears Officer's Wrongful Termination Appeal
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Second Victim In I-75 Accident Laid To Rest
- Two Crossing Guards Laid to Rest
- Marine Laid to Rest