Sworn Complaint Filed In Allegations Involving Alachua Mayor
ALACHUA COUNTY - A sworn complaint has been sent to the State Attorney's office involving allegations against Alachua Mayor Gib Coerper.
The complaint describes allegations of battery and burglary against truck driver Timothy Dixon.
Dixon claims he stopped for directions on his way to a Dollar General distribution center when the mayor stopped and and began arguing.
The State Attorney's office says they want to interview Dixon in person.
Darry Lloyd, State Attorney's office: " it's still under review basically it's pending interviews with all witnesses and the victim so the prosecutors can make a filing decision if one needs to be made."
The incident did happen in Alachua city limits but because of a possible conflict of interest they turned the case over to the Sheriff's Office.
- Two Sworn Complaints Filed Against Michelle Dunlap
- Election Complaints Filed Against Alachua County
- Sworn Complaints Against Ten In UF Hazing Incident
- Student Issued Sworn Complaint by UF Police
- New Mayor of Gainesville Sworn In
- Ed Braddy Sworn In As Mayor of Gainesville
- Animal Rights Group Files Complaint Against UF
- Watchdog Group Files Complaint Against UF for Negligent Animal Deaths
- Teacher Allegedly Involved in Soliciting Minor For Sex
- Mayor denies KKK allegations, data's legitimacy is questioned