Tent City Residents Being Evicted
GAINESVILLE-- The latest version of gainesville's "tent city" is being evacuated.
Residents of tent city have until have until tomorrow night to pack up and move out.
Tomorrow night at eleven fifty nine p.m. is when the old tent city property officially becomes illegal to live on.
Gainesville police say they have been out there for several months getting people ready for the move.
The owners of the property has pushed back the eviction deadline multiple times waiting for the market place to open but between wanting to sell the land and some problems with crime in the area they thought it was time to get people off their land.
The homeless have a couple different options of where to go.
Ben Tobias, Gainesville Police Department PIO "some of them have dispersed to the pavilion at the grace market place, and some of them have made use of the wooden area and others have moved to other parts of the city."
The owners of tent city will be posting no trespassing signs on tuesday which will allow officials to be able to go in and make trespassing arrests for anyone still there after that.
- Grace Market Place Overnight Shelter Opening Leaves Some in Tents
- Is the Grace Market Place Ready for All the Homeless?
- Grace Market Place Looking for a Big Upgrade
- Grace Market Place Starting Opening Stays This Month
- Grace Market Place Running Out of Time and Money
- Eviction Day for Tent City On The Horizon
- Tent City Evictions
- Residents becoming more concerned with flooding in Gainesville
- City of Gainesville's runoff election starts tomorrow
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City