Toddler found outside, alone at Daycare
Marion County, Florida -- No child left behind -- except for one at a daycare in Marion County.
Jessie Estock went to pick up his son from Crossroads Daycare and says he found him outside and alone at the edge of a retention pond.
He immediately went inside to confront daycare staff.
They told him they were outside on the deck with twelve kids blowing bubbles, and as the activities ended, some of the kids wanted to go inside.
The next step was to perform a headcount of all the children.
They say they didn't realize that one had wandered off until Estock arrived on the scene one minute or so of them being in the building.
The child's grandmother, Tonia Moeller says she won't rest until Crossroads Daycare is closed.
Moeller says they filed a report with the department of children and families.
She says D.C.F. officials contacted the Department of Licensing for Daycare and they're going to launch a full investigation.
- Toddler Found Wandering Alone
- Teenage Mother Arrested After Child Found Alone By Dumpster
- Miami Woman Charged In Connection To Toddler Daycare Drowning Death
- Jurors Learn Gun Used in Murder Found Outside the Courthouse Where Defendant is Being Tried
- Toddlers Found in Pool, in Critical Condition
- Toddler Found In Septic Tank
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car
- Woman Crashes Car Into Ocala Daycare
- Daycares are Seeing a Decrease in Enrollment
- Child Left Out in Rain at Daycare