Two Early Morning Shootings Not Connected, Police Say
Published July 29th, 2014
OCALA---Two shootings just hours apart have residents on high alert and investigators scrambling to find the suspects.
Early Tuesday morning, a woman trying to back her car out of her drive way on northeast 30th street was shot at by several people in a four-door black BMW.
No one was injured in that incident but a few hours later, more than 10 rounds were shot into an house at North Roads Apartments.
A man was inside playing video games but was not injured.
Both neighborhoods have children who play on the streets and parents are starting to worry about their safety.
"I want the cops to catch whoever did it, because that's just crazy," said neighbor Kongi Morrison. "In a neighborhood like this and you have kids, innocent kids that just ride their bike up and down the road."
A man standing outside of that apartment at North Roads was grazed by bullet on his forehead and his injuries were minor.
At this time, police believe the shootings are not connected.
All of the victims told police they don't know why someone would want to attack them.
- Stay Connected with the New OPD App
- Detectives Investigating Drive By Shooting in Marion County
- Ocala Police Begin Halloween Impaired Driving Campaign
- Three Ocala Teams Fall as Columbia County Beats Vanguard 22-21, North Marion on the Road, and Lake Weir at Home
- Police Believe El Indio Robbery Connected to Three Attempted Robberies on Archer Road
- Two Suspects Arrested in Connection to Belleview Shooting
- Driving test keeps residents off the roads
- Ocala police officer dies in accidental shooting
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies