Two Suspects Arrested in Connection to Belleview Shooting
MARION COUNTY -The family of 28-year-old Candice Ambrose laid her to rest today after she was tragically killed in her car in Belleview last week.
And tonight two men remain in the Marion County Jail in connection to her death.
Deputies have arrested Malik Jones on a charge of posession of a firearm by a convicted felon and Rickey Brown who is charged with armed manslaughter.
Witnesses tell police they saw both men with guns that night and that Brown shot in the direction of Ambrose and the acknowledged she was dead.
This was in the middle of multiple witnesses having an argument.
Judge Cochran, Marion County Sheriff's Office: "was she targeted or was this a disagreement between the guys? I think we are going to have to get that answer from the two suspects but I think at the end of the day as this case moves forward through the court systems we may simply find out that Candice Ambrose was at the wrong place at the wrong time."
Jones is being held on a $20,000 bond and Brown will go before a judge Thursday morning.
- Two Suspects Arrested in Overnight Shooting
- Two Early Morning Shootings Not Connected, Police Say
- Two arrested in connection with 60 burglaries
- Two More Suspects Arrested in Indentity Theft Ring
- Two Men Arrested for Drugs, Suspected of Burglaries
- Suspect Found Dead, Two Others Arrested In Dunnellon Standoff
- Cloud 9 Shooting Suspects Arrested
- Two more arrested in Cloud 9 shooting
- Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
- Gainesville Connection with Tallahassee Shooting