Beware of Daytime Burglaries
GAINESVILLE-- Police are trying to shed some light on a string of crimes committed in broad daylight.
Many burglaries are committed at night-- but we're seeing some now taking place during the day.
Pre Morris has lived in this gainesville home with her family for years.
But was shocked to hear about a daytime burglary just a few blocks away.
Within two days there were two different day time burglaries here at this house on NE 9th st where a car was broken into and here off SW 6th ST. where a man stole an edger worth four hundred dollars.
Morris says she trusts her neighbors.
But officers say burglars are still getting away with this in plain sight.
(Ben Tobias, GPD Spokesperson) " They know that people generally aren't watching, they're going about their days thinking about their tasks for the day, and their not paying attention to whats around them."
Morris says with two children to look after she'll make sure to lock up more.
Police officers say the key to avoiding a day time burglary is to keep all doors locked and always be conscious of your surroundings no matter what time of day.
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Woman Smuggles Meth Into Jail
- Bobcat Sighting at Paynes Prairie
- Missing Kids Found
- Proposed City Ordinance Could Help in Spice Arrests
- Captain William Halvosa Retires After Thirty Years
- GPD increasing patrols after two recent assaults
- Motorcycle race leaves two hospitalized
- One man still on the run after armed robbery on UF's campus
- Police searching for 3 in Game Stop burglary