Bravo Trial Day 1: Jury Selected
GAINESVILLE - Christian Aguilar's remains were found at the Gulf Hammock Hunting Club in Levy County after disappearing for 22 days. The suspect in the case? His close friend-- Pedro Bravo from back home in Miami.
"We have questions about knowing any of the parties involved in the case," said Circuit Judge James Colaw.
Prospective jurors got questions, questions and more questions during the first day of jury selection. Judge Colaw said, "How many of you are a close friend of law enforcement?"
A 14-member panel for the jury was selected. That means-- 12 jurors and two alternates were selected. The State Attorney's Office isn't getting into details about their game plan however they say so far everything is running consistently.
Darry Lloyd, the state attorney's office, spokesperson "As specifics about what we're going to do, we can't speak on at this point. Because right now we're getting ready trying to get a jury seated and move forward and start the full trial process."
According to the State Attorney's Office they're not seeking the death penalty, now that's a decision that Bill Cervone the state attorney for the 8th Judicial Circuit made months ago.
We did speak to Carlos Aguilar before jury selection began. He says his wife Claudia and son will be present during trial Tuesday. Victim advocates are working with the family through this difficult time.
"We have a victim advocate and they're working with the families. Throughout the process we've been in constant communication with the family because we're seeking justice on behalf of Mr. Aguilar," Lloyd said.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th
- Pedro Bravo Charged With Murder In Case Against Missing UF Student
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Narrowing Down Prospective Jurors
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Journals, Letters & Sketchbooks Read In Court
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Girlfriend Takes Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 2: Father & Mother Take Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 2: Opening Statements
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood