Bravo Trial Day 10: Last Text From Aguilar's Phone
GAINESVILLE - It's day 10 of the Pedro Bravo murder trial.
Closing arguments have been presented by the prosecution and defense attorneys. Now the jury has been given the case and its up to them to decide the fate of 20-year-old Pedro Bravo.
Bravo is charged with murdering UF student Christian Aguilar. If the jury agrees on the first degree murder charge, they can choose between premeditated and felony.
To choose felony murder, premeditation does not have to be proven.
Its been two full weeks since the Pedro Bravo trial started.
And now its finally coming to an end.
The state and defense both got up to three hours to make closing statements. The state split their time in half for a rebuttal.
One thing the state suggested was that Aguilar's last text message to his mother was sent by Bravo and not Aguilar.
The text was in spanish and it read: "Bien, me dieron una vacunación gratis." Meaning, "I am well and I got a free flu shot."
Another point the state made was that if Bravo really got into a physical fight with Aguilar. He had no marks on his body to show for it.
Bill Ezelle the Assistant State Attorney said, "They confronted him with the fact that his hands are in pristine conditions. His knees don't show any signs of struggle of falling and grappling on the pavement."
According to the state Bravo strangled Aguilar at the parking lot of the old Walmart in northwest 13th street. The defense says thats not possible with security carts circling around.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Hunters Tell How They Found Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Gruesome Details About Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Closing Arguments
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Pedro Bravo Guilty On All Counts
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Family Reacts To Guilty Verdict
- Two Years Since Christian Aguilar's Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Cell Phone Data Reviewed
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case