Bravo Trial Day 2: Opening Statements
Published August 5th, 2014
GAINESVILLE - The jury for the Pedro Bravo trial has been selected. Bravo is being accused of killing uf student, Christian Aguilar and later hiding the body.
Opening statements began Tuesday morning. The jury was selected yesterday on the first day and the trial is expected to last two weeks. The 12 member jury was selected by both the prosecution and defense team. Six men and eight women, including the two alternates were chosen.
Those very same jurors listened to the prosecutors opening statement. Brian Kramer with the State Attorneys Office made a clear connection between Aguilar, Bravo and Erika Friman. The three went to Doral Academy High School in Miami.
During high school Bravo and Friman dated, after breaking up she started dating Aguilar. The prosecutor says this murder was "an elimination of a rival fueled by jealousy, hatred and anger."
Kramer makes it clear to jurors that bravo has an obsession with getting Friman back and that was his motive.
During trial it was pointed out that Bravo kept a sketchbook. Some of the images we saw were drawings of skulls and blood.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th
- Pedro Bravo Charged With Murder In Case Against Missing UF Student
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Narrowing Down Prospective Jurors
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Journals, Letters & Sketchbooks Read In Court
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Girlfriend Takes Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 2: Father & Mother Take Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Jury Selected
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood