Bravo Trial Day 5: Hunters Tell How They Found Aguilar's Remains
GAINESVILLE - We heard from the two hunters that found Christian Aguilar's remains at the Gulf Hammock Hunting Club. Those hunting grounds are located in Levy County before reaching Cedar Key. As these hunters took the stand what they had to say about their findings, was chilling.
"Something caught my nose," said Jesse Everidge a hunter who found Aguilar's remains. Everidge and his brother in law James Rains have been hunting all their lives. And while they were at the Gulf Hammock Hunting Club on October 12th 2012, something smelled wrong.
Everidge said, "It was a human. Face down. Yeah I knew that from the skull." At first Everidge and his brother-in-law, James Rains believed it was a deer they had found. "He suggested it may be a deer because it's archery season. And a set of horns is like a trophy so we thought we might find a trophy for our wall," Everidge said.
However once they got closer everidge says they knew exactly what it was."We looked at each other and i said that ain't no deer. And he said is what i think it is? I believe what he said. And i said i believe so," Rains said.
Everidge says that when he first saw the roundness of the bones, something seemed suspicious. They immediately called 911. Not having any missing reports out, Levy County Deputies decided to get in contact with Gainesville Police. Mike Narayan with the Levy County Sheriffs Office said, "I contacted a detective from the gainesville police department, I asked him questions about aguilar... If he knew what type of shoes he was last seen wearing. And he said they were vans."
In fact through dental records experts were able to identify that those remains were Aguilar's.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Gruesome Details About Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Last Text From Aguilar's Phone
- Two Years Since Christian Aguilar's Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Bravo's Handwriting Confirmed
- Bravo Trial Day 9: Bravo's Side Of The Story