Bravo Trial Day 6: Bravo Says He Spoke To Aguilar About Suicidal Thoughts
GAINESVILE - We continue to focus in the Pedro Bravo murder trial, we're on day 6.
Bravo is charged with premeditated murder, kidnapping, and poisoning against UF student, Christian Aguilar.
Jurors heard from Bravo for the first time in the videos of the initial interviews he gave police.
This is really the first opportunity that jurors got to hear from Pedro Bravo himself. Jurors saw videos of different detectives and sergeants interviewing Bravo the day aguilar was reported missing on September 21st 2012.
During one interview Bravo says that when he found out Aguilar went missing, he started searching his car for Aguilar's belongings. But instead realized that the duct tape he always keeps in his car went missing.
Bravo also told the detective some of the things he spoke about with Aguilar, like his depression and suicidal thoughts.
"We start taking semi serious. Talking about how my depression is going. Contemplating suicide and stuff like that," Bravo said.
According to Bravo's interview he went with Aguilar to the infirmary so that Aguilar could get a flu shot. Afterwards they went to Zaxby's for lunch and later to Best Buy because Aguilar wanted to buy the Kanye West CD. Ultimately they got in the car and just drove around town to talk.
During the interviews with the Gainesville Police Department Bravo changed his story a couple of times.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Gruesome Details About Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th
- Pedro Bravo Charged With Murder In Case Against Missing UF Student
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Narrowing Down Prospective Jurors
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Journals, Letters & Sketchbooks Read In Court
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Girlfriend Takes Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 2: Father & Mother Take Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Jury Selected