Bravo Trial Day 9: Bravo's Side Of The Story
Gainesville – It’s day nine of the Pedro Bravo murder trial and he is breaking his silence. A family in despair awaits justice as the trial of the young man accused of killing their son plays out. The alleged killer, Pedro Bravo took the stand for several hours today.
Later, he went on to tell the sequence of events that happened on September 20th, 2012. Bravo said he met up with Aguilar to talk about his depression.
"[There were] moments where I had been pushed to the edge--where I was brought to the edge--and had everything ready to be there but a part of me just didn't want to let go," said Bravo.
After grabbing lunch and buying a Kanye West CD, Bravo says they picked up a hitchhiker and left him north of Gainesville. Shortly after, things got heated between he and Aguilar.
Bravo said he was planning to kill himself that day, so Bravo prepared a Gatorade bottle with a concoction of Equate (Acetominophen), ZzzQuil, and a little pesticide as well.
The State pointed out that Bravo had the flashlight of his iPhone turned on for 43 minutes...Bravo said before drinking the Gatorade, he was using his flashlight to find a tree to write “Pedro Andres Bravo 9-20-2012" with a Sharpie on it, what were to be his last words.
To explain the letter written by bravo to cover up the murder, Bravo said Michael Angelo, his cellmate, threatened him into writing it.
"My parents would put money in my account and the food would really not be mine. It would be mine for like a bag of chips, but most of it would go to someone else. And I'd have to do what he [Angelo] said. If I didn't do what he said, then something bad was going to happen to me."
The blood in Bravo's SUV matched that of Aguilar's. In his testimony today, Bravo said that Aguilar had a nosebleed as he beat him up, to justify that.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Bravo's Handwriting Confirmed
- Bravo Trial Day 9: Bravo's Cellmate Maps Out Shovel Location
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 6: Bravo Changes His Story During Police Interrogations
- Blood In Bravo's SUV, Among Other Incriminating Evidence In The Aguilar Case
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Hunters Tell How They Found Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Gruesome Details About Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Last Text From Aguilar's Phone