Child Dies After Being Attacked By Two Dogs
Published August 7th, 2014
Fanning Springs, Florida -- A 6-year-old boy is dead and the cause, two pit-bull dogs.
Levy County deputies responded to a call this morning of a child being injured by multiple dogs.
When they arrived they found the boy dead.
According to deputies the child was being taken care of by his aunt Thursday.
She let him go outside to play and two of her pit-bull dogs went out shortly after.
When she went out to check on him she found him laying unconscious in the driveway.
Deputies say the child had injuries consistent with being attacked by a dog or dogs.
Sheriff Bobby McCallum says the boy had been around the dogs for about a month, so they were familiar with him.
McCallum says one possible theory is that the dogs were fighting or playing with each other and somehow the child tried to separate them and got entangled, but it's pure speculation at this point.
Deputies are not releasing the name of the child or family members because they have not been able to locate the boy's mother yet.
They hope to locate her soon.
- Woman Requires 150 Stitches after Dogs Attack
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Ruling: 2 Dogs Should be Euthanized for Attack
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Neighbors React to Deadly Dog Attack
- Another Vicious Dog Attack
- Gainesville Woman Attacked by Dogs
- Cop Attacked by Dogs