Father Leaves Three Small Children in Truck
Published August 9th, 2014
PUTNAM COUNTY---A father in Putnam County could face charges of child neglect after leaving three children alone in a hot truck.
Putnam County authorities say 26-year-old Matthew Trim left the three children---ages six, two and one---in a truck while he went into the Lending Bear Pawn Shop on Reid Street.
Someone saw the children and called 911.
Police say when they arrived, it was 95 degrees outside.
The windows were down and all three children were red and sweating.
Trim says his air conditioner wasn't working and he only been gone for a few minutes.
The State Attorney's Office will decide if charges will be filed.
- The Danger of Leaving Children in Hot Cars
- Putnam County Father and Daughter Arrested in Meth Lab Bust
- Former NFL Player Leaves Child Alone in Car
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Father enters no contest plea in toddler's death in hot car
- Child Run Over By Father's Truck and Dies
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Daughter And Father Save Three Teens From Burning Car
- "Touch-A-Truck" Entertains Children and Families, Draws Assortment of Trucks