A New Leash on Life--Molly's Story of Survival
Published August 20th, 2014
ANTHONY---A dog who has recovered from a brutal beating back in April has now been given a new leash on life.
Ocala police say Molly was beaten with a baseball bat and stabbed several times in her head by her former owner, Steven Fleming.
Marion County Animal Services nursed her back to health and followed a very strict adoption process for her.
Her new owner says she has made a promise to Molly--- that she will have an abuse-free life from this day forward.
"Whatever Molly needs, she'll get and whatever Molly wants to do, she can do. It's, you know, home of the free," said Molly's new mom Lilly Baron.
Fleming is still being held in the Marion County Jail for animal cruelty and possession of cocaine.
He has pled not guilty by reason of insanity for the animal cruelty charge.
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Marion County Animal Service Needs Help
- Alachua County Hopes to Keep Animal Cruelty Convictions Up
- Animal Cruelty in Columbia County
- Ocala Man Beats, Stabs Dog, Neighbors Intervene
- Double Homicide In Marion County
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
- Animal Abuse in Dixie County
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- Alachua County Animal Services Over Capacity