Senior Citizens Can Beat The Heat With Elder Care
Published August 21st, 2014
Gainesville, Florida -- If you're a senior citizen looking for some relief from the heat, Elder Care of Alachua county is here to help.
Anthony Clarizio with Elder Care says the energy assistance program helps those 60 and up, when their utility bills rise because they're forced to use more than they normally would.
Elder Care employees also work with other agencies to do weather proof checks for senior citizens, to make sure their house is as insulated as can be.
They check in with people twice a year, which Clarizio describes as both the heating and cooling seasons.
For information on elder care programs you can call 352-265-9040.
- Senior Citizens Can Beat The Heat With Elder Care
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Senior Citizen Arrested for Grand Theft
- Gainesville Getting First-Ever Senior Citizens Center
- Senior Citizens Seeking Better Protection
- ElderCare's Journey Program
- Arrested For Running String Elderly Care Facilities
- Summer Heat Wave Can Cause Pets To Sizzle
- When Temps Heat Up, Pets Can Be In Peril
- Can You Stand the Heat?