Stabbing Suspect Well-Known to Holly Heights
Gainesville, FL -- Residents are on the lookout for a man police say is well known to one North Central Florida community.
Many residents of the Holly Heights neighborhood recognized Kendrick Xavier Carter-Johnson Wednesday afternoon. Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies said Carter-Johnson walked up to a woman's apartment on the 600 block of SW 68th Terrace at about 4 A.M. Wednesday and started banging on the door.
When the woman inside the home opened the door, officials said he began stabbing her with a knife.
Sheriff's Deputies said the victim and Carter-Johnson knew each other. According to ASO Spokesperson Becky Butscher, "he does frequent the neighborhood, the Holly Heights neighborhood, he doesn't have an established residency there but he has been known to stay there, to frequent there, and he's got acquaintances within the neighborhood."
Officials want the public to know Carter-Johnson may now be clean-shaven and have dreads in his hair. If anyone has any information on his whereabouts, they're urged to call Crimestoppers at 352-372-7867.
- Community Mourns Loss of Well-Known Teacher
- Well-Known Chef Killed in Motorcycle Accident
- HOLLY HEIGHTS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
- Rebuilding Trust in Holly Heights
- Man Indicted in Holly Heights Murder
- Gainesville Man Murdered in Holly Heights
- Investigators searching for Holly Heights shooter
- Search continues for Holly Heights shooter
- Man arrested in connection with Holly Heights shooting
- Gunman unknown 1 year after Isadore Lee killed in Holly Heights