Three Drivers Hit GPD Patrol Cars, All Charged or Suspected of Drunk Driving
GAINESVILLE - Three different drivers who were drunk or suspected of being drunk were pulled over by Gainesville Police officers...but not in the traditional sense.
In a span of three weeks, the drivers all hit patrol cars.
One of the crashes even happened just doors down from GPD headquarters.
The third and most costly crash caused $10,000 dollars in damage when driver Harry Witt failed to see six cop cars directing traffic in an intersection.
Officer Ben Tobias, Gainesville Police Department: "It is odd usually through a year we have roughly 300 sworn officers over 100 cars on the road patrolling so through the year we get some accidents but to have them happen in such a tight time span have 3 marked patriol vehicles that are struck is just quite odd for us."
No one in any of the crashes were seriously hurt.
- Drunk Driver Hits Six Patrol Cars, Nearly Injures Officers
- Drunk Driver Hits Cop Car
- Dunnellon man hits 2 cars, flees after dragging person
- Bicyclist Hit By Drunk Driver Out of Hospital, Fellow Cyclists Raise Money for Her Recovery
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
- FHP: Hit and Run Driver Wanted
- Police: Drunk Driver Assaults, Rams Ex-Girlfriend's Car
- Drunk driver crashes car into home
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- GPD: Hit and Run Driver Flees To Avoid Traffic Ticket