Woman Is Kidnapped After Helping Those In Need
Ocala, Florida -- An Ocala woman is continuing to recover after she was kidnapped at knife-point.
Police say Monday night, 69-year-old Tara Barnes was providing meals with other volunteers to those in need.
After everyone was fed, she began loading equipment in her car near the area of NW 3rd street and North Magnolia Avenue.
As she got in the driver's seat to head home, a man appeared in her backseat, placed a knife to her throat and told her to drive.
After stopping and being severely beaten on the side of the road the man told her to go back to Ocala.
He then forced her to turn into the K-Mart parking lot on East Silver Springs Boulevard.
The suspect hit her several more times, causing her to loose consciousness.
When she woke up, he was gone.
Those who know her say helping people, is her calling.
The suspect is unknown at this time.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Ocala Police Department (352-369-7000) or Crime Stoppers of Marion County (352-368-stop).
- Kid's Central: Helping Find Homes For Those Who Need It Most
- Volunteer Group Will Continue To Feed People After A Woman is Kidnapped and Beaten
- Man arrested after kidnapping and raping a woman from a hospital
- Police Need Help to Find Missing Melrose Woman
- After School Program Loses Funding, Needs Help
- Heroic deputy needs help after storm
- No Hunger Game Part 3, The Faces Of Those In Need
- Area Business Opens Doors for Those in Need
- No Hunger Game Part 2, The Faces Of Those Who Help
- "Hopping 4 A Cure" helping those with MS