DCF Releases Past History with Sarah Spirit and Her Children, Funerals Held Today
Published September 22nd, 2014
BELL---The Florida Department of Children and Family Services has deployed a Critical Incident Rapid Response Team to assess the agency's interactions with Sarah Spirit and her children before they were killed last Thursday.
The department admits their workers dealt with the family a number of times for a variety of issues, including inadequate supervision and suspected drug use.
Meanwhile, the funeral for the victims was held Monday in a private ceremony.
Close to $17,000 has been raised online to help the family pay for the funerals of Sarah and her children.
A vigil was held Sunday night in their memory.
Investigators say Sarah's father, Don Spirit, shot her and his six grandchildren to death before killing himself last week at his home in Bell.
The Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office says they will hold a news conference Tuesday to release more information about their investigation.
- Bell Tragedy: Don Spirit's 911 Call Released
- DCF Employees Switch To Lower Paying Jobs After Bell Tragedy
- Bell Tragedy: State Rep. Says DCF Needs To Be Accountable
- Bell Tragedy: Keeping The Spirit Alive
- Bell tragedy: Dash cam vid & FDLE report released reveal motive
- Press Conference Held Today For Gainesville Shooting Spree
- State settles with family involving Bell tragedy
- Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
- Internet Crimes Against Children, Parents are First Line of Defense
- Local agencies trained on new DCF methodology