One dead in deputy-involved shooting
OLD TOWN, Fla. --One man is dead in a deputy involved shooting in Dixie County.
Major Scott Harden with DCSO tells TV20 deputies were responding to a call in the Old Town Hammock neighborhood when a man approached them and began firing, deputies returned fire.
Deputies say 52-year-old Larry Busby was killed Thursday night during a gunfire exchange with deputies.
Around 7pm, deputies responded to a home on NE 368th Avenue in Old Town, FL after a woman said she was getting death threats. While deputies were at the home, Busby arrived and opened fire. During gunfire exchange, Busby's car caught on fire and he died on scene.
It is not known if he died from gunshot wounds or the fire.
Police interviewed Busby earlier this week as the suspect in an ongoing sexual battery investigation.
FDLE is now investigating.
- FDLE investigating deputy-involved shooting, one dead
- Suspect identified in deputy-involved shooting
- 1 Dead After Deputy-Involved Shooting
- Details in Deputy Involved Shooting
- CCSO deputy involved in shooting
- Two Shootings Target Brothers In Old Town, One Dead
- Columbia County Shooting Involving Deputy
- Officers and Deputies involved in shooting death of 16-year-old identified
- State Leaders Comment On Dixie County Deputy Shooting
- Shooting At Ocala Liquor Store Leaves One Dead & One Arrested